The 2017 Capital Trans Pride Day, on Saturday, May 20, at Studio Theatre, 1501 14th St NW, from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm, will draw together members of the Transgender community, allies, colleagues, family, and friends for a day of celebration, workshops, and panel discussions on a variety of issues important to the Trans community.
This free, family-friendly day provides multiple forums to educate and inform participants, network, and share stories about current affairs, challenges, and successes. The range of topics from the 2016 Capital Trans Pride Day included:
- Resume Building and Employment Discrimination
- Health Insurance Coverage
- HIV Prevention
- Legal Name and Gender Change
- Knowing Your Legal Rights, Asylum Immigration Relief, and
- Being a Supportive & Successful Trans Ally.
In addition to Capital Trans Pride’s educational aspects, the day includes a Resource Fair with more than 25 vendors, agencies, community partners, and organizations providing information on the services and support offered for the Trans community, with an estimated attendance of 500.
We invite you to join us as to show your support of the Transgender community, help advance the movement, and increase Trans visibility to secure complete equality.
Special Thanks to Capital Trans Pride Day Presenting Sponsors Booz Allen Hamilton and Whitman-Walker Health, and Event Host Studio Theatre!
- Table registration will be open soon.
- Sign up to volunteer now!
- Please keep an eye on this page for updates as well as other Trans Pride events that weekend!!
@TransPrideDC #CapitalTransPride #Pride2017 #TransPride2017 #CTP2017 @CapitalPrideDC #HavePride365 #TransPride