Capital Trans Pride 2016 will be held at the Reeves Municipal building (14th & U St NW) on Saturday, May 21st, 9:30 am – 4:00 pm. Lunch will be available, and join after for a Happy Hour at Studio Theatre from 4-7 pm.
The full schedule of workshops, panel discussions, live performing arts, authors, visual arts, as well as sponsor tables from Trans friendly businesses, groups, community centers and community partners is below.
Sign up to volunteer now! | Register online now! Find more information on registration here.
@TransPrideDC #CTP2016 @CapitalPrideDC #HavePride365 #TransPride
9:30 am – 10:00 am
CTP Opens to the Public and Opening Remarks
10:15 am – 11:00 am
Morning Sessions, Part 1
- Genderqueer 101 Panel Discussion
- PReP 101: Your Guide to HIV Prevention
- WWH Health Insurance Coverage
11:15 am – 12:00 pm
Morning Sessions, Part 2
- DOHR: Resume Testing for Employment Discrimination
- NCTE – Telling Your Story: Storytelling Workshop
- WWH Legal Name/Gender Change Clinic
12:00 pm – 1:45 pm
- Blac Monroe
- Nikki Ames
- Peace Jah
- Roxy Saint Cartier and Frida Jones
- Lady Toni
Engendered Spirt Awards
1:45 pm – 2:30 pm
Afternoon Sessions, Part 1
- Sex On Our Own Terms: Sexual Liberation for Trans/Genderqueer Bodies
- SMYAL: Know Your Rights: Trans and Queer Youth Power!
3:00 pm – 3:45 pm
Afternoon Sessions, Part 2
- Being a Supportive and Successful Trans Ally 2.0
- WWH Asylum Immigration Relief
3:45 pm – 4:00 pm
Whitman Walker Health will be providing free HIV Testing throughout the day.
4:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Feel Free to Walk together to Studio Theatre (1501 14th St. NW at P St.) for our Happy Hour!!!
- Kisha Allure
- Trenton Snow